A Letter to all International Students
Happy new year！Wish you everything is going well.
The cold winter is about to end, and the warm spring is coming. 2020 with tribulations has passed, and 2021 full of hope is coming.As the winter vacation is coming and Chinese Spring Festivalis approaching, School of International Education of Panzhihua University would like to extend holiday greetings and New Year wishes to all students.
Dear students, the merciless novel coronavirus has entangled mankind for the year throughout, which has had a terrible impact on human life. You have to live at home and learn online. All your teachers share your strong desire to return to the university, and they are very concerned about your study, life and health. School of International Education is hereby sending a letter to all students to wish you a peaceful and lucky holiday. We would also like to remind you of the following matters.
1. Period of winter vacation. The winter vacation is from January 18th to February 24th.The return time of international students is subject to the global situation of COVID-19, and will be further informed when the Chinese government issues an official notice allowing international students to enter China.
2. Strengthen the awareness of protection. At presentthe global pandemic situation is still severe, and winter is the season of high incidence of infectious diseases.Please be sure to improve your awareness of pandemic prevention and control, strictly abide by the requirements of your government for pandemic prevention and control, and do a good job in self-protection. Students staying on campus must abide by the university's pandemic prevention and control requirements: wearing masks scientifically, washing hands frequently, going out less and no gathering, etc.
3. Keep a safe mind. Civilization is the first of good deeds, while safety is the most important awareness. Students no matter at home or at campus should put safety in the first placeat any time, prevent network and telecommunications fraud, pay attention to traffic safety and keep in mind the safety of electricity and fire.
4. Advocate a healthy lifestyle. Develop good hygiene habitsand maintain personal and residential environment hygiene. Keep a healthy lifestyle, keep early hours, work and restregularly and avoid staying up all night. Insist on physical exercise and maintain balanced nutrition to enhance body resistance. Strengthen mental health care consciousness and adjust the mood to maintain a positivemind.
5. Enhance social responsibility.The global pandemic has proved again that mankind is a community with a shared future. No one and no country can escape from the catastrophes on the earth. Therefore, we must support one another and bear responsibilities together.Students should protect yourselves, at the same timetake the initiative to participate in public service activities and fight against the pandemic.
6. Cherish time and enhance ability. Hard working in youth benefits all the life, so we should utilize every minute to realize our dreams. Students are expected to make good use of the winter vacation time, work and rest regularly, share more housework, and spare more time on study for a beautiful future. You are also expected to learn Chinese well and firmly master professional knowledge. In order to realize your dreams, all the students should discipline yourselves.
Dear students, we firmly believe that as long as we unite as one and work together to prevent and control the pandemic, we will bring the global pandemic under control as soon as possible.The beautiful and vibrant university is waiting for you to return soon.
May you all good health, happy holiday and family reunion!
School of International Education
Office of International Exchange and Cooperation
January 18, 2021